Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Daddy, My Hero: A poem for my father who passed away March 24, 2009

MY DADDY, MY HERO
To all who knew him,
my father was a great man.
Back to the city,
where his life began.
To his golden years in the country,
he lived a full life.
He loved his family, his children and
his beautiful wife.
Now hot tears burn down our faces
and the pain is unreal,
He has slipped these earthly bonds
and pain is not his to feel.
He's earned his wings,
so now, he can fly.
He begs us to smile,
Please do not cry,
He is reunited with his heavenly
family, where he belongs.
See the pearly gates and
hear the angels' songs.
MY DADDY, MY ANGEL

Original poem by, LauraSue Gutierrez

1 comment:

  1. Laura, this is beautiful!!! You have a wonderful gift of being able to pour out what is deep in your soul. I know exactly how much this man means to you and you captured that perfectly!
    Joe

    ReplyDelete